Hi,

I want to use Django to query two legacy Oracle databases.

>From what I have read Django can handle legacy databases provided the
primary key is an auto-incremented integer field in the tables of the
databases.

Does Django work in such a way that it will take these databases and
rebuild them in its own format in a seperate table or can I get it to
access the original tables? Such as with foreign keys? My main concern
is that I don't want to corrupt/change the legacy databases in anyway
since they are used by other applications as well.

This is not clear to me from what I have read so far so any tips or
pointers would be most gratefully received.

Many thanks

Huw Jones