I run several applications on a Slicehost VPS and I recently switched
them to run the worker MPM and mod_wsgi.

After switching, I ran into an issue with the worker MPM leaking
timezone information across django applications (actually the timezone
leaks under both mod_python and mod_wsgi/embedded mode).

That leak prompted me to put mod_wsgi into daemon mode
(WSGIDaemonProcess) to prevent the timezone leak, but with that mode I
ended up with an apache process per daemon, which seemed to defeat the
whole purpose of moving to worker (low process count).

So now I'm back to, apparently, running apache under the prefork MPM,
as I'll get the protection between django apps without having to run a
process per site.

I was just wondering if anyone else had been through this cycle?  My
testing showed I didn't have any issues with mod_wsgi/prefork leaking
info across apps, but maybe someone else has?

I'm pretty much thinking I shouldn't have bothered with all this fancy
worker and wsgi stuff and just stuck with the prefork/mod_python
configuration.  After all, I'm running business applications, not
social networking sites.