In your settings.py file there is a MEDIA_URL setting and an
ADMIN_MEDIA_PREFIX setting

In my case I have
MEDIA_URL = 'http://media.digitalxero.net/' + SITE_NAME + '/'
ADMIN_MEDIA_PREFIX = 'http://media.digitalxero.net/admin/'

That way all of my static files are server off my CDN (Separate server
just for static files), but more common setups would be

MEDIA_URL = 'http://my.site.com/media/'
ADMIN_MEDIA_PREFIX = MEDIA_URL + 'admin/'

Dj Gilcrease
OpenRPG Developer
~~http://www.openrpg.com