Kevin wrote:
> album_uri_to_copy might look like:
> http://www.ggpht.com//data/feed/api/user/someuser/album?id=4rdioE_s&kind=photo
>
> When calling:
> album_feed = gclient1.GetFeed(album_uri_to_copy)
>
> from a Python shell it works fine. When calling it from Django it
> returns an Exception saying that album_uri_to_copy isn't a valid uri
> or atom feed (this is a google error message).
>
> I SUSPECT that the & is getting changed to "&". The thing is, I've
> used {{ album_uri|safe }} in my template, so album_uri_to_copy should
> be safe! I'm thinking that Django is interfering with the
> album_uri_to_copy string in the GetFeed() call.

Well - you can check what the value actually is by using the python
`print` statement on the developlment server. Everything you print will
be written to the terminal running `runserver`.

print "album_uri_to_copy is", album_uri_to_copy
album_feed = gclient1.GetFeed(album_uri_to_copy)

More about debugging django here:
http://simonwillison.net/2008/May/22/debugging/

Regards,

--