DanJ schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to Django so please pardon my ignorance.
> I've just installed Django 1.0 from SVN. I'm trying to follow the
> tutorial, while at the same time use Apache and mod_python.
>
> When I point my browser to the admin site I get a simple text version,
> as if it missing the template.
> - Are there any logs to check in order to verify if the template was
> not found?
> - What could be causing this error?

Hi,

what does the text contain? Do you see python code? If yes,
the web server does not execute your code.

If you are on unix, go to /var/lib/apache2 and execute 'ls -ltr'
(sort logfiles by date). There should be some error log file. Maybe
this contains some more information.

BTW, mod_wsgi is much better supported and easier to handle than mod_python.

  Thomas Güttler

--
Thomas Guettler, http://www.thomas-guettler.de/