Hi,

I'm trying to save a thumbnail image when I save a picture in one of
my models. But I have three problems.

1. I can successfully create the thumbnail image, but I cannot link it
in my database.

2. Is there a better way to name the thumbnail image?

3. When the save function is called, the image is already save to disk
using the name of the original. Is it posible to use the self.name as
the image name?

Here is my model class :

class ProductImage(models.Model):
    name = models.CharField(max_length=50)
    file = models.ImageField(upload_to="static/uploadto/prod_images")
    file_thumbnail = models.ImageField(upload_to="static/uploadto/
prod_images", blank=True, null=True)
    file_size = models.IntegerField(blank=True, null=True)
    keyword = models.CharField(max_length=50, blank=True, null=True)
    product = models.ForeignKey(Product)

    def __unicode__(self):
        return self.name

    def save(self, size=(60, 20)):
        if self.file:
            filename = self.file.path
            self.file_size = int(os.path.getsize(filename))
            image = Image.open(filename)
            image.thumbnail(size)
            image.save(settings.MEDIA_ROOT + "/static/uploadto/
prod_images/" + str(self.file.name.split('.')[0].split("/")[-1]) +
str("_tn.jpg"), 'JPEG')
            self.file_thumbnail = image
        super(ProductImage, self).save()