Thanks for your help,

It turns out that it was a problem to do with the renaming
functionality not working properly in eclipse.  I tried renaming my
package - and that doesn't work for some reason, and then my hack
around caused a problem when I created a new package, which ultimately
stuffed up which package eclipse was looking in when launching the
app.

Is it *normal* for rename to not work properly for the packages in
eclipse using pydev?

My solution to this was to create a new project, with the package name
I wanted, and to import the code I was previously using.  If it's just
my version, then I should probably find out why my version doesn't
support rename.

Louis