I have the exact problem. I round end and start dates to 15 minutes. I mean,
user enters 12:10, I write 12:15. So each 15 minutes cron runs a script with
django-commands-extensions runscript. Is a balance between accuracy and
load.

The perfect should be finding the next success to happen (easy) and program
django-cron or anything else to run at that time (I don't know how)

I am very interested in the solutions people have found for this