Hi,

On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 10:56:08PM -0800, MrJogo wrote:
> Awesome! This is INCREDIBLY helpful.
>
> In terms of using it (I'm not too familiar with server stuff), I have
> a few questions (which have to do with Apache, not lighttpd, so you
> might not know). Basically, once I create that handler file and view,
> how do I use them? Do I modify the .fcgi file (from
> http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/howto/deployment/fastcgi/#running-django-on-a-shared-hosting-provider-with-apache)
> to use the new wsgiserver? Do I create a .htaccess file in my media
> directory with FastCgiAuthorizer set to the script (in which case, the
> docs,
> http://www.fastcgi.com/mod_fastcgi/docs/mod_fastcgi.html#FastCgiAuthorizer,
> also say I need FastCgiAuthenticator)? If these questions are somewhat
> nonsensical, it's because I don't completely understand what's going
> on when a request is made. Thanks!

I'm afraid I don't know about Apache-specific configuration, so I
suggest starting from the Apache documentation.  "FastCgiAuthenticator"
sounds promising, though.

You'll need two different (but similar) .fcgi sripts - one for serving
Django pages, and one for the authentication.  The only difference is
that the authentication one needs to fake up PATH_INFO and configure the
WSGIServer to include FCGI_AUTHORIZER.

Regards,

Chris