hi there,

i want to use django-profiles to save some additional data for each
user. so i created the needed profile model and set it in my settings
file. after some looking over the standard user model i found fields
for first- and lastname. i need that data in my profiles and really
would not like to have that fields again in my custom profile model.
i'd say the best way would be to display a form that saves the first-
and the lastname in the standard user fields and the rest in the
additional profile. is this possible? how would i implement such a
form? just using the form_class parameter of django-profiles could
work with such an approach?

thanks in advance for any help! i know it's not a big problem but i'm
always trying to do things in a way that just "feels good" - that's
why i don't want to just implement the first- and lastname fields in
the custom profile if they are already existing in another table (even
if i would be able to get that working then). apart from that i think
it would deepen my understanding on the way django works.

greetings,
alex