On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 04:22 -0800, timc3 wrote:
> > Or explaining what is going wrong. :-)
> >
> > Care to give us a few clues as to the problems you're seeing? On the
> > surface, your class looks fairly much correct.
>
> ha ha!! Yes of course this is the message that I am getting:
>
> File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/
> site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in get_response
>   86.                 response = callback(request, *callback_args,
> **callback_kwargs)
> File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/
> site-packages/django/contrib/syndication/views.py" in feed
>   19.         feedgen = f(slug, request).get_feed(param)
>
> Exception Type: TypeError at /feeds/media/usersmedia/tim/
> Exception Value: __init__() takes at least 4 arguments (3 given)
>

> Perhaps I am passing the wrong things to it:
>
> class LatestParticularUsersMedia(MediaRSS):
>     def get_object(self, bits):

Okay, this is a clue. You're subclassing the wrong thing.

Something with a get_object() method should be a subclass of
django.contrib.syndication.feeds.Feed. That class has a feed_generator
attribute which will be where your MediaRSS class goes.

(When you check it out, you'll see that Feed takes three parameters --
self, slug and request -- in __init__, whereas a SyndicationFeed
subclass, like your MediaRSS has quite a different __init__ signature.)

Regards,
Malcolm