Hi,
I have a problem when adding record by Django Admin and I am not sure where I
have to look for it. Is this some problem in Django Admin or it can be solved
by some
configuration in model ?
I use  Foreign Key in table where I want to add record. Foreign Key is the
field containing some non ASCII characters. See:
http://gista.sk/dl/bugs/django/add_record_in_admin.png
I want to add record to "Metadata" which uses ForeignKey from "Vrstva".

*** When I submit, I get this error (nothing else printed):
Screenshot is here:
http://gista.sk/dl/bugs/django/add_record_in_admin_submit.png

Mod_python error: "PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython"

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line 299, in
HandlerDispatch
    result = object(req)

  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/django/core/handlers/modpython.py",
line 222, in handler
    return ModPythonHandler()(req)

  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/django/core/handlers/modpython.py",
line 195, in __call__
    response = self.get_response(request)

  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/django/core/handlers/base.py", line
128, in get_response
    return self.handle_uncaught_exception(request, resolver, exc_info)

  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/django/core/handlers/base.py", line
148, in handle_uncaught_exception
    return debug.technical_500_response(request, *exc_info)

  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/django/views/debug.py", line 39, in
technical_500_response
    html = reporter.get_traceback_html()

  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/django/views/debug.py", line 95, in
get_traceback_html
    c = Context({

  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/django/utils/encoding.py", line 35,
in smart_unicode
    return force_unicode(s, encoding, strings_only, errors)

  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/django/utils/encoding.py", line 70,
in force_unicode
    raise DjangoUnicodeDecodeError(s, *e.args)

DjangoUnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 1:
ordinal not in range(128). You passed in

*** Snippets from my model:
Full models.py is here: http://gista.sk/dl/bugs/django/models.py

class Metadata(models.Model):
        vrstva = models.ForeignKey(Vrstva)
        nazov = models.CharField(u"Názov stĺpca", max_length=100)
        dlhy_nazov = models.CharField(u"Dlhý názov stĺpca", max_length=200)
        hodnota = models.CharField(u"Formátovanie hodnoty", max_length=512,
default="%s")
        externa_databaza = models.ForeignKey(Externa_databaza, blank=True,
null=True)
        sql = models.TextField(u"SQL dopyt", blank=True)

        def __unicode__(self):
                return "%s %s" % (self.vrstva,self.nazov)

        class Meta:
                ordering = ["vrstva", "nazov"]
                verbose_name_plural = u"metadata"

class Vrstva(Vrstvy_zaklad):
        kategoria = models.ForeignKey(Kategoria, verbose_name=u"Kategória")
        sql_atrib = models.TextField(u"Atributový SQL", blank=True)
        tabulka = models.CharField(u"Tabuľka", max_length=200, blank=True,
help_text=u"Tabuľka v ktorej sú gid a geom pre danú vrstvu")
        transparent = models.BooleanField(u"Transparent")
        zoom_level = models.IntegerField(u"Zoom level", default=1,
help_text=u"Zoom level ktory sa použije pri zoomovaní na objekt pri
vyhľadávaní")
        sql_hladanie = models.TextField(u"Vyhľadávací SQL", blank=True)

        class Meta:
                ordering = ['kategoria','poradie']
                verbose_name_plural = u"vrstvy"

*** My environment details:
OS: Debian Etch with python 2.4
Django version: 1.0, also tested on new 1.0.1 with same results
Database: PostgreSQL 8.1

*** It looks like the bug #3924 which should be allready closed.

Can anybody give me some hint where to look for the solution ?

Thanks a lot
--
Ivan