> When I run the installation script I get this error:
>
> error: could not create '/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/django':
> Permission denied
>
> How do I get around this?

 From my understanding, "installing Django" consists purely of
depositing the Django tree in the system $PYTHONPATH (there might
be some extra mojo, but for all intents and purposes, that's the
main goal).  You can get the same results by checking out a copy
from SVN or untarballing a snapshot of the Django tree in your
home directory (where you *should* have permission to
access/write).  Once you've got the Django tree somewhere in your
home tree, you should be able to append that location to your
$PYTHONPATH (there are instructions in the configuration docs on
how to do this in various server setups).

-tim