On Sat, 2008-11-15 at 12:16 -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> From the django documentation, it looks like it is not possible to
> pass arguments to methods from the template HTML code.
>
> For example:
>
> class MyModel(Model):
>   def foo(self):
>     return 'This works'
>
> can be accessed by: {{ mymodel.foo }} in an HTML template.
>
> What I am trying to do, however, is to access data based on arguments
> for this method. This is my example scenario: I have several high
> resolution photographs, and I want to be able to write some code that
> displays thumbnails:

[...]
> Is there a cleaner or better way to do this?

A template tag. Template tags are the way to do any complex processing.
Filters just access existing data very simply and return them. The
latter intentionally don't take arguments; that isn't an oversight. The
syntax difference is a partial clue to the template writer that there's
something more complex going on in the background.

Regards,
Malcolm