Unrelated to Django, but we occasionally get deadlocks in MySQL due to
separate tasks running at the same time and accessing some tables in
common. We recently added logic to catch the exception, wait a second
or two, and retry it a few times before we give up. Most of the time,
that fixes it.

I agree with Malcolm, though, that for a pure Django app, I would
think it fairly unlikely to occur unless you are doing something non-
standard with your models/logic.

-Dave