Guys,

A brief google search has led me to conclude that it's not possible to
filter on a foreign key field in the Admin.

Can anyone explain the design rationale around that? Filtering by anything
but a foreign key value is usuless in many of my models. To give you a
concrete example: I have a Products model, with one to many links to:
Suppliers and categories. Without being able to filter by supplier or
category i'm left being able to filter by product name, price or product
number. This is next to useless.

I'm sure i'm missing something obvious here, so I'd really appreciate it if
somebody could point me to a resource by which I could cure my ignorance.

Cheers,