Thanks, your suggestion to very carefully check the fixture path led
me to realizing the problem. I wanted to load the service.json file
located in the working directory but loaddata was actually using the
one in the fixtures subdirectory which was completely outdated.

Nevertheless, I think Django should throw a warning in cases like
this, or even prefer the fixture located in the working directory
instead. I know the current behavior is documented but it doesn't mean
it's intuitive.

Regards,
Erik Allik