Apologies for the lack of details, didnt really know what details to
provide.

Here is what I did.

2 users (one superadmin and one regular user)
make a new "app" and add few models to it.
Assign permission for the new models class to the staff user via the
django admin interface.
modify the existing models - and accordingly run "ALTER TABLE"
commands in pgsql
Add 2 new classes , paste the create table queries generated by sqlall
<appname> into pgsql
Now, superuser has access to all the new classes which work fine,
however the "Available user permissions" in the "Change User" form
doesnt show the new classes. Neither does the "Add group" page.

If there is some specific command whose output would show something
useful for debugging do let me know.

I am a noob at Django and am under the impression that this "somebody
with a crystal ball" exists and can help me out :)