Haku wrote:
> Hi all, and please excuse me if i ask something obvious for you. I
> can't get out of this problem!
>
> I've got a site with 2 separate applications (call it A & B). Each one
> has it's own administrators and there must be absolutely no
> information passed from application A to application B and vice-versa.
>
> Beside, i have a very simple gallery application. Administrators form
> both applications (A and B) should upload images to the gallery, but A
> should see only A's files and B only B's.
>
> How can this be done with the administration site?

It sounds like you have two different websites, but since you're asking
the question I'm guessing that you want both applications on the same site.

The way to do it is to use the permission system that comes with the
Django auth/admin system. I've never implemented it myself, but it's all
documented.

You can also have multiple admin sites installed on different URL paths.
Make one admin site for one app, and another admin site for the other.
I've never done that either though, but it too is documented. :)

Jeff Anderson