Hi,

  if you are using 1.0 or newer, than you can use a file backend to
directly on S3.

Have a look if http://code.google.com/p/boto/ or
http://github.com/paltman/django-aws/tree/master
help you along.

adi

--
Adi J. Sieker         mobile: +49 - 178 - 88 5 88 13
Freelance developer   web:    http://www.sieker.info/profile