Agreed!

I see the same kind of arrogance in some of the posts and even more these
days on IRC.

I completely agree that some of us do ask questions, and sometimes without
properly checking the available docs, archives of discussion and other known
sources.It gets irritating as you see teh same question being asked again!
However, there can be a better way of addressing such frustration. Just
because you send a stinker to a newbie, another newbie won't repeat the
question.

I had recently heard on an alternate IRC chatgroup of another popular Python
project, where a number of newbies felt that some of the more knowledgeable
and experienced django users have been quite curt and even offending when
elementary questions are asked of django or even about Python. This was not
the case when I first joined in thsi group as a newbie.

We need to remember that every community will consist of developers and
users, who have varied backgrounds and knowledge levels and the user
group/IRC belongs as much as,  to a completely new user as much as to the
guys, who wrote all the code that makes this project wonderful!

Thanks

Ramdas

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Russell Keith-Magee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]