On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 10:13 AM, Jeff Anderson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> TheIvIaxx wrote:
>> This isnt really a django specific question, but i figured some folks
>> have a similar setup and might be able to offer advice.  I'm
>> developing my django site on vista and i have a server running linux/
>> apache.  Im not sure how to get all my files from the windows box onto
>> the server.  The linux box doesnt have X installed so no remoting :(
>>
>> Is there a common set of tools for this type of thing?
>>
> Absolutely-- ssh, scp, sftp.
>
> Use putty for ssh shell access. There is also winscp, and several gui
> ftp clients can handle sftp. All the tools mentioned use an ssh
> connection to provide their various services. There's plenty of info
> "out there" about using the terminal.
>

> Take care!
>
> Jeff Anderson

To add one more suggestion to what Jeff said, if you're using revision
control you can commit your files in Windows, then check out the
latest version of your code onto your remote server when you deploy (I
usually write a script to do this).  Of course, you'll still need an
SCP client to transfer anything that you don't want in version
control.

Colin