Hi Graham,

Thanks for the reply. No, I'm not stuck using Lighttpd at all - I just
like it because it's simple and fast. :)

Here's a link to a description of what I'd like to see:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/314515

The situation is this: I'm creating a web-site with a bunch of
accounts - each account having its own database. I want people to go
to the site (i.e. www.example.com/) and when they log in the
application gets all its requests/responses from their account's
database. For the moment, all accounts will be using the same Django
applications, though that is subject to change so I'd prefer not to
rely on a solution that precludes that possibility.

I suspect (but am happy to be corrected...) that the easiest and
safest way to do this is to have a Django instance running in FastCGI
mode with a socket for each account. When a user is logged in, their
requests/responses are mapped to/from the proper Django socket via the
multiplexing solution I've suggested in my original post.

As mentioned, accounts may crop up and disappear, and shouldn't
require restarting the web-server. There could be dozens of accounts
(which means lots of Django instances).

Is there any more information that would be helpful?

Cheers & thank you,
Brian