On Nov 28, 1:35 pm, "Horst Gutmann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If you convert timea into a normal datetime instance just substract
> timea from timeb and you will get a datetime.timedelta instance which
> has everything you need :-)
>
>     import datetime
>     a = datetime.datetime(2008, 11, 15)
>     b = datetime.datetime.now()
>
>     print b-a
>
> -- Horst

Well I need to know the exact # of seconds from 2008-09-16 08:01:16
to now.... not from just a date to date.  It has to be exact... does
this make sense.  I was looking at this page
http://pleac.sourceforge.net/pleac_python/datesandtimes.html   in the
"Converting DMYHMS to Epoch Seconds" section.  I thought perhaps it
would be easier to just get the epoch seconds between this time, and
NOW() and subtract the two, however I keep getting an error locally in
my terminal window reading:

>>> import time
>>> import datetime
>>> t=datetime.datetime('2008-09-16 08:01:16')

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: function takes at least 3 arguments (1 given)