JGAllen23 wrote:
> I am building a website for a client and one of the pages they need is
> an "about us" page which would just require 1 row of data.  What is
> the best way to handle this case where a model would only need 1 data
> row?

Override the save() method for that model. E.g.

class FeaturedProduct(models.Model):
    product = models.ForeignKey(Product)
    description = models.TextField(blank=True, null=True)

    class Admin:
        pass

    class Meta:
        verbose_name_plural = 'Featured Product on Home Page'

    def save(self):
        '''
        There can only be one featured product and it goes on the home
        page. Forcing the id to 1 ensures that any attempt to create a
        new featured product will only modify the existing one.
        '''
        self.id = 1
        super(FeaturedProduct, self).save()

    def __str__(self):
        return self.product.name+' - '+self.product.product_numberx
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay
Dinamis