Hi,

I know about the serialisation framework, but with MultiResponse[1] you
can't really use it (and anyway I don't know how to customise it
extensively). As a result I would like to create json with the django
template engine.

An example code would be this:

[{% for poll in data %}
{"question": "{{ poll.question }}"},
    [ {% for answer in poll.answer_set.all %}
    {"answer": "{{ answer.answer }}",
    "votes": {{ answer.votes }},
    "vote_url": "{% url multi_api_data data=answer.pk %}",},
    {% endfor %} ]},
{% endfor %} ]

But at parsing simplejson.py gives an error. The error is easy to understand
with the following example:
["a"] <- this is fine for simplejson.loads
["a",] <- this kills simplejson.loads

Any ideas how to generate a for loop without the last colon(,)? Or how to
use json syntax in the template in general?

thanks, V

[1]: http://toastdriven.com/fresh/more-multiresponse

--
Viktor Nagy - http://viktornagy.com