Hi everyone,

I want to allow users to change their username in a non-admin form. I
have a login form already working, and I can successfully show user
information. I have granted the change user permission to the user
that is logged in.

When I pull in the UserChangeForm from contrib.auth.forms and hand it
a user instance, the username field is populated correctly.

So, I have a simple view action (pseudo code):

if request.method == 'POST':
    form = UserChangeForm(data=request.POST)
    if form.is_valid():
        form.save()

but I can never get the form to validate. I can get it to fail
correctly, but even if I put in a value that I know isn't currently in
use, the form will still not validate. I tried making a custom form to
update the username property and do the same validation, just in my
own form instance, but that didn't work either. The new username
property wasn't saving to the database.

Does anyone have any experience with this form from auth? Any help
appreciated!
Brandon