Looking at the transaction middleware that wraps a transaction around
every HTTP request, I've found that it only commits if the transaction
is "dirty" (you change something).

So, if you use this middleware unconditionally, then in view functions
that only read, the transaction will never be committed.

Even when you read, postgres implicitly locks tables for reading.

I am finding that since commit is never called in these cases, the
locks persist.

Is anyone using the transaction middleware with postgres? I have to
assume so. If so, then what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Mike