Sorry, I guess I missed that part.

In my template it checks if there is a user logged in or not. If there
is not a user, it defaults the hidden field to send_id=1 and has a
form to place an email address. If the user is logged in the template
uses the pk_id from the user (in the case of non-admin pk=2 and up)
and then places the username a hidden field also.

So when the send button is pushed it sends both the sender_id="2" (or
whichever user) and the username="test_userwith_pk2"

So when I am testing and I have an anonymous user a simple post will
work to test my views, but when the user is logged in data comes from
the template so just "post" won't do. I would need to simulate
clicking the submit button.

Twill seems to do this similar to Perl's mechanize module. I am
familiar with this 'find forum' submit type of coding but I was
wondering if django has a way to grab these hidden fields and place
them in the post data when i run a

c = Client()
c.post('/contact-us/', {'some': 'variables' [+ hidden variables from
template]})

Thanks.

Jason