On Wed, Dec 10, 2008, Dave Dash <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I'm curious at what you're trying to ultimately do.
>
>On one of the projects I work on, we put a class on a encapsulating
>div that defines future behavior:

>and then we can do a special style for
>
>.no_content .content {display: none}
>
>or whatever we end up deciding to do differently.

That would be a nicer way to do it, but I haven't that option. I have to
work with a given <div> structure and stylesheets.

In our pages, every page must have one of a set of stylesheets
controlling whether or not space is made for columns. The particular
stylesheet is chosen according to whether a certain <div> is empty or not.

Daniele