On Wednesday 10 December 2008 16:46:36 Thomas Guettler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I follow: http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/db/transactions/
> {{{
> The order is quite important. The transaction middleware applies not
> only to view functions, but also for all middleware modules that come
> after it. So if you use the session middleware after the transaction
> middleware, session creation will be part of the transaction.
> }}}
>
> # settings.py
> MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES = [
>
> 'djangotools.middleware.HandleExceptionMiddleware.HandleExceptionMiddleware
>', 'django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware',
>     'django.middleware.transaction.TransactionMiddleware',
>     'django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware',
>     'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware',
>     'django.middleware.doc.XViewMiddleware',
> ]

I found the documentation quite confusing on this point too, and I ended up
googling for the middleware name to find other examples.

I think the cache middleware should be around the whole set of middleware
classes.  Here's what I've gone with:

MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES = (
    'django.middleware.cache.UpdateCacheMiddleware',
    'django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware',
    'django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware',
    'django.middleware.doc.XViewMiddleware',
    'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware',
    'MySite.dbtemplates.middleware.FlatpageFallbackMiddleware',
    'MySite.dbtemplates.middleware.RedirectFallbackMiddleware',
    'django.middleware.cache.FetchFromCacheMiddleware',
)

If I'm wrong, someone please correct me!

Tim.