Steve,

I think that the book by Forcier, Bissex and Chun called "Python Web
Development with Django" is worth looking at with regards to ideas for
a lesson plan. To me it seems that it would be an excellent workbook
for a very full week of classes. Their chapter 1 on python and the
first few pages of chapter 3 on dynamic web site concepts can be
viewed as either a good set of prerequirements or else as required pre-
reading for the class. Also note that the book is based on Django 1.0
which makes it unique in this regards at this time.

I like their idea of jumping in right away and building a simple
project as they do in Chapter 2 and then doubling back and going over
the core concepts starting with Part II of Chapter 3 and then Chapters
4, 5 and 6. I think this material could be covered in 2 days worth of
classes.

After that the book presents a bunch of example projects and advanced
concept chapters and appendices that can be used to round out the
class. Mix in some hands on exercises and you have a very full week of
learning while the book itself makes for a nice take away for the
students,

Just my thoughts. In case you are wondering, I am not being paid by
Addison Wesley to make these comments nor do I know any of the
authors. I simply read the book and then decided that if I decided to
put together a Django training class that I would probably use the
book as the basis for such an offering.