On 11.12-07:45, Ana wrote:
[ ... ]
> I am converting from PHP to Django.  In my Postgres database I have
> three tables:
[ ... ]
> duplicate key value violates unique constraint
> "fsafety_pathpubcombo_pkey"
>
> Can anyone please help?  This is the first python code I've written.

i would guess that you need to reset your postgres autoindex to
something that matches your dataset.  for example if you have 10,000
records then the primary keys for 1-10,000 are already duplicate,
however, with your a database the index key will be set to something
low, thereby inducing the collisions you're talking about.

you'll need to do this via 'psql' or another postgres tool.  i'm
afraid i can't remember the way do to this.  maybe it's to delete
the underlying sequence and then recreate it with
        CREATE SEQUENCE <thenameofthe_seq> START <highest_id+1> ;
or something.  i don't think you can set it directly ... if i
remember correctly i backed up a db to sql and figured it out that
way.