On 14 déc, 17:58, "JULIO Cayo" <cubiertasnue...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Alex for your fast reply! Maybe I don't understand you, but if
> i have a model (70 classes) in "base python" i don't want to re-write
> entire model in django style.

You don't have use Django's models.Model class to use Django. But
obviously you need to subclass models.Model to use Django's ORM.
There's nothing magical with Django you know, it's just a Python
framework.

> For example, I have a class "User" with age, name, lastname , etc...
> In my model is:
> class User:
>   name = " "

<ot>
Err... I assume you don't have much experience with Python itself. If
that's how your "model" classes looks like, I strongly suggest you
(and your coworkers) ask for guidance on comp.lang.python, because
chances are you'll have to rewrite the whole damn thing anyway.
</ot>

> And django need something like:
> name =  models.CharField(max_length=200)

*Django* doesn't "need" it. It's just if you want to use Django's
*ORM*.

> But I don't want to "touch" the model, because are 70 classes, and can
> be more: a group is working on the model, another is working on
> "desktop view" and another is in "web view", one model many views.

This is unrelated. If you have your own ORM (or whatever persistence
system), then use it. You won't be able to use any Django Model-
related feature - obviously - but there's more (much more) than this
in the framework.