Hi all,

I'm writing an app that needs random access to a fixed set of data
(about 1 MB) on just about every request.  (It also uses MySQL for
dynamic data).   I wrote a different app on app-engine that had this
requirement as well and I ended up putting the fixed database in a
large Python variable declaration.  That was much quicker than reading
it out of a file, and reasonably compact.

I don't know Django too well yet and wondering how to handle this data
in a pure Django app.
I would like to be able to use Django templating to be able to control
how this fixed data is viewed, but I'm not sure how to do it if the
data is not a Model.   Or can I somehow have a Model that is always
loaded in memory (upon each request) as well as Models that are MySQL.

Any help appreciated.

-A