Hello,
I'm new to Django (and fairly new to Python, as well), just getting started
on my first project. I am not new to web development, however - I have been
programming in PHP for years, and have used a couple of different MVC
frameworks in my time. Data and application security have always been
something I've taken very seriously.

My question is simply: Do the Django models automatically escape input? That
is, if I create a Polls model and then do something like this:

p = Poll(question=user_input, pub_date=datetime.datetime.now())
p.save()

Am I protected against someone providing user input such as

;DROP TABLE foo;#

If the Django models don't do their own escaping, how can I escape user
input to prevent SQL injection attacks?

I've tried searching the Django documentation, but "SQL injection" turns up
nothing, and "escaping input" only produces results related to auto-escaping
output in templates.

Thanks in advance,
Travis