I too have this error... Windows XP... Django 1.0.2... Sqllite3 (as it
comes with Python 2.5). The sqlite3.dll file was also installed with
Firefox. I wonder if that has something to do with this.

C:\Django\mysite>manage.py dbshell
Error: You appear not to have the 'sqlite3' program installed or on
your path.

Did you ever figure it out?