2008/12/27 Antoni Aloy <antoni.a...@gmail.com>:

> You could create a url that links to your localized site so Google
> would be able to crawl it, but I suppose that your site depens on
> changing the language via POST, isn't it?
>
> I that case, you could write yourselve the code and allow changing the
> code using GET.

Django itselfs permits selecting the i18n language via POST. I think
it should be useful to add also a GET var to set the language, and a
localization middleware catches it.
Django gets user language from the browser accept-language or user
browser cookie, but it should be useful to force it with a
&language=en

This little mod could improve google crawling, because one can only
make sitemaps with urls and that get value added to  default urls for
every translations (and it should be easy to add a shortcut to add
urls in different language translations in sitemap views).

--
Alessandro Ronchi
Skype: aronchi

SOASI Soc.Coop. - www.soasi.com
Sviluppo Software e Sistemi Open Source
Sede: Via Poggiali 2/bis, 47100 Forlì (FC)
Tel.: +39 0543 798985 - Fax: +39 0543 579928

Rispetta l'ambiente: se non ti è necessario, non stampare questa mail