On Fri, 2008-12-26 at 23:13 -0800, Tony Chu wrote:
> Thank you very much Malcolm. The methods I listed above has worked for
> me so far - so your response is reassuring.
>
> I was just surprised that no one had encountered a similar need
> already.  The concept here is parallel to getting a list of
> territories in a country, dynamically fetched based on the country
> specified.  That would appeared to me to be a fairly common pattern.

It's quite possible people have encountered the need previously and just
implemented it. It doesn't require any huge announcement if they did.

"It appears to me to be a common pattern" is neither here nor there.
Even if 100 people wanted to do something, that would be less than 1% of
people subscribed to this list (which is, itself, only a subset of
Django users), for example.

None of that invalidates what I said: some things just aren't documented
yet. It's usually pretty easy to work out how to do something, though,
since it's only Python code, after all.

Regards,
malcolm