On Jan 3, 5:33 am, phoebebright <phoebebri...@spamcop.net> wrote:
> On Jan 2, 7:06 pm, Shay Ben Dov <shay.ben...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I'm using GAE and wondering how come there is no comma insertion
> > orcurrencyformating of floating numbers like:
>
> > {{ value|floatformat:2 }} built_in filter
>
> > Shay
>
> You could
> tryhttp://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/templates/builtins/#floatformat
> o rhttp://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/templates/builtins/#stringfo...

If the reference to "comma insertion" is for commas as 1000s
separators, we use the following addition to contrib.humanize.py:

def floatcomma(value):
    """
    Converts a float to a string containing commas every three digits.
    For example, 3000.65 becomes '3,000.65' and -45000.00 becomes
'-45,000.00'.
    """
    orig = force_unicode(value)
    intpart, dec = orig.split(".")
    intpart = intcomma(intpart)
    return ".".join([intpart, dec])
floatcomma.is_safe = True
register.filter(floatcomma)

This is specifically for currency output on invoices.