Hi,

I keep my django-trunk installation (and other things like
django_evolution) in my home directory, outside the system-wide
installation   To avoid having to set PYTHONPATH in the environment, I
set do this in my project settings.py file:

# ---- sys.path trickery
import os, os.path, sys
root = os.path.abspath( os.path.dirname( __file__ ) or os.curdir )
sys.path.insert( 0, os.path.normpath( os.path.join( root, '..', '..',
'pkg', 'django-trunk' ) ) )
sys.path.insert( 0, os.path.normpath( os.path.join( root, '..', '..',
'lib' ) ) )

as such, it's necessary to edit manage.py to move the "from
django.core.management import execute_manager" below the "try / import
settings / except" block.

Is this frowned upon?  If not, hope this helps someone. :-)

gjvc