On Jan 5, 3:21 am, HB <hubaghd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
> I'm reading "The Definitive Guide To Django" but it is too out dated.
> Do you recommend "Practical Django Projects" instead?
> It seems to me that "The Definitive Guide To Django" is more organized
> and covers a lot of materials.
> What do you think?
> Thanks.

I'm in the boat of going through "PDP".   I first went through instant-
django and then the django tutorial.  Reading "Practical" I found a
lot of help from this site:

http://tinyurl.com/4y6saw

I generally found that if I had a problem with the book, reading
Brett's comments made me see why I was having that problem.

Although even that didn't really help with writing the templates for
tagging. But I learned a lot from helping myself.

All the broken code aside, this book gives a lot of great examples of
django in action. Just be prepared to be frustrated and learn to
peruse the django documentation.

I intend to do a comprehensive reading of the django topic guides
after I'm done with this book.

http://tinyurl.com/7b9hoc