I tried them all (almost ... I think... at least the free ones).
- Pyscripter is really nice but it is true, it is only for windows.
(If it is developed with python it should be platform-independent,
shouldn' be ?) (no support for sql queries I think)
- Eclipse + PyDev (no good support for sql queries to relational db)
- Ulipad (open source / excellent / very small / some issues with
svn / no support for sql queries to db - django plugin to highlight
templates, etc)
- Netbeans (ex-NBPython) it is excellent (very good sql support - some
issues with memory consume - I didn't get debugger work 100% with
django)
- Oracle jdeveloper. it is an excellent tool. Its support for python
is still too new and I think that django support is still to come.
- Eric4: screenshots are very beautiful bu I couldn't get to install
it in my ubuntu box (too many precedences and too complicated for a
newbie like me).

Have a great year 2009 everyone !