On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Max <adles...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Using the tutorial for detail.view, I changed the radio button to a
> drop down.  I kept the view the same as the tutorial.  See
> http://dpaste.com/106018/
>
> When I select the choice on the drop down, I receive the error saying
> I didn't make a choice.   I have a mistake in either the drop down
> code or I need to change the view.
>
> Can someone help?

You didn't put a name on the select element, thus its value is not included
when the form is posted:

http://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/att_select_name.asp

You are also setting the id to choice.id before you have set choice to
anything, so id will be blank I believe.

Note if you use Django forms:

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/forms/#topics-forms-index

you may spare yourself from having to hand-write a lot of this form stuff.
 (Though it is good to learn some basics of it anyway.)

Karen