On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Bradley <bproct...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I move an existing website running django onto a shared webhost via
> FastCGI.
>
> No matter what I do, I get the following error:
>
> ImportError: Could not import settings 'seymourherald.settings' (Is it
> on sys.path? Does it have syntax errors?): No module named
> seymourherald.settings
>
> my DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE is set to wwwroot.settings and yet I still
> get the above error.  I'm pretty new to django, is there any other
> place where it would be looking for seymourherald.settings

What you say you have DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE set to:

wwwroot.settings

does not match what the error message says it is set to:

seymourherald.settings

Which one is right?

> Django located here:
> ~/djtrunk/
>
> My website here:
> ~/seymourherald.com/wwwroot
> ~/seymourherald.com/wwwroot/settings.py
>

>From this, assuming
~/seymourherald.com/<http://seymourherald.com/wwwroot/settings.py>is
on your PYTHONPATH, and the process executing the code has permission
read that directory tree, then a setting of
DJANGO_SETTING_MODULE=wwwroot.settings should work.  However that is not the
setting that the code that is running is using, based on the error message
it is giving.  Somewhere it is getting a value of seymourherald.settings for
DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE.

Karen