Alvaro Mouriño schrieb:
> I find myself checking for the existence of the profile object for the
> user everytime I call the get_profile function or making sure that it
> gets created with every user.

Since a lot of users have this question/problem I added a patch to the
documentation:

http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/9987

+The method :class:`~django.contrib.auth.models.User.get_profile()`
+does not create the profile, if it does not exist. You need to
+register a handler for the signal
+:attr:`django.db.models.signals.post_save` on the User model, and, in
+the handler, if created=True, create the associated user profile.
+

 Thomas

--
Thomas Guettler, http://www.thomas-guettler.de/