I'm importing old projects into a new django install (same version, no
problems there), and it's seems to be boiling down to a mysql (running
with the same version of mysql) issue.  When i try to visit the main
page of a specific project i get an error like:

OperationalError at /
(1017, "Can't find file: './skysale/customers_customer.frm' (errno:
13)")

Which is telling me django can't access the database associated with
this project, now when i run mysqlshow i see all the databases i'd
expect.  My questions is: are there any additional permissions/
configuration steps with my mysql server that i need to run to allow
it to communicate with django?  Sorry if this seems a dumb question,
but i have very little experience with mysql, and am in the process of
learning now.  Thanks for any suggestions!