I'm not sure exactly what you want. Do you want a single poll, that
the admins can choose? Should users be able to create polls ect.
Anyways, in case you only want to display a single poll, the easiest
way to accomplish that would probably to create a boolean field called
display or front_page. Then you can import your poll model and filter
on it and get the one(s) that have True value for front_page. If you
want to make sure that only one can be displayed on the front page at
a time, you can create a method instead, that also will hold True/
False, but only allow one to be True at a time. You could also go with
the boolean field and just add the code in a view to make sure only
one is True at a time.

Hope this helps.
-Briel