Hi,

A simple scenario:
   - A generic object detail view, on which I can vote for the
displayed object.
   - vote is handled by custom view which sets a key in session (named
"vote_<object_id>) indicating that a vote was made
   - in the template I want to check for existance of this key, and if
present, don't display the vote form

Question:
   - how to get to this key (which value is dependant from object_id
and thus, only known at runtime) from the template

I know that I could write my own view which could add appropriate
values to context, but I want to know if i just reached the point
where generic views are just not enaugh - it seems to me that the
template can get the required info (it has access to request session).
I just don't know the syntax.

Thanks for any help.