Hi guys,

I need to support some browsers which doesn't handle cookies, so I
have followed the snippet here to manually get session ids from the
request:
http://www.djangosnippets.org/snippets/460/

and positioned the new middleware before the SessionMiddleware in the
settings.py file.

I did an experiment with a view, which is something like this:

16 def test(request):
17
20     ses_key_1 = request.session.session_key
24
25     response_dict = {'test_01': "TEST01",
27                      'test_03': request.session.session_key,
28                      'sid': request.session.session_key,
29                      'sid_key': settings.SESSION_COOKIE_NAME ,
30                      }
31     request.session['test'] = "test"
32     ses_key_2 = request.session.session_key
35
36     return render_to_response('test.html', RequestContext(request,
dict=response_dict))

and found out, that ses_key_1 and ses_key_2 are different session ids
when the browser (which doesn't handle cookies) accesses it. Can
anyone explain to me why a new session id was made when there is
already one for the request?